menu
Tuinadvies
Geef dit een bloemetje 0

Stekken bewortelen .

cactelders

Cactelders

Een stukje uit een mail tussen mij en Tina Wardhaugh waar Pijaya ( Thais kweker ) aan het woord is :

"David, I must admit that rooting D. gigas is not easy, but is possible with a special treatment. I wash the cut end with water to get rid of the sap, then dip in rooting hormone power and leave to dry overnight. Next day I plant them in pure pumice and water. The pumice dries out very quickly so I water everyday, sometimes twice a day (Ernesto at UC Davis uses automatic sprayer with timer). Once a week water in liquid fertilizer since pumice has little nutrient. I don't expect to see them rooting until after 2 months, and sometimes take longer. Once they root you will see the branches plump and green, and putting out leaves. with this method I normally get around 80% success, those that don't survive just simply shrivel away.

A friend of mine derived a different method. He cut the branches only half way and leave on the mother plant to callus. Once the cut wound heal and start to swollen he makes the final cut and plant the cuttings. He claimed with this method he get them to root under 1 months and 100% success. "

Nu mijn vraag ; heeft er iemand ervaring met het half-afsnijden en laten opdrogen aan de moederstam , dit om na volledige heling volledig af te snijden en te laten wortel trekken . Dit met 100% succes bij de zeer moeilijk te bewortelen Dorstenia gigas ( daar ging het gesprek over )
donderdag 29 januari 2009 - 17:34
Pieter

Pieter

Dirk, ik denk dat er in belgië een serieus klimatologisch nadeel is in vergelijking met Thailand. Daar kweken ze Ariocarpus nog sneller op dan jij (of je vader) ooit een bloemkool laat groeien. En de bloemkolen van je vader zijn er niet van de minste
dinsdag 3 maart 2009 - 16:28

Voeg een reactie toe

Terug naar boven icoon